- Ad Hominem: You're wrong because you're white, cis, male, straight, etc.
- Ad Hominem Because: It is an argument against you as a person, rather than against the point you made.
- Not Ad Hominem: The privilege afforded to you in being white, cis, male, straight, etc. has most likely contributed to the misconceptions that help form your incorrect opinion about this issue.
- Not Ad Hominem Because: It is an argument against an incorrect interpretation of the data in an argument. It is not an argument against you, but an argument against a flawed perspective devoid of context.
- Therefore: Unless someone literally says "you're wrong because you're white, cis, male, straight, etc." then their argument isn't ad hominem.
- men get into something not aimed at their gender: get special titles like "brony." recognition by creators. heralded for defying gender appeal. get documentary.
- women get into something not aimed at their gender: not real fans. probably secret friend zone warriors deadset on erasing men from the human race. get insulting demeaning memes and sexual harassment.
Inside Jay Z’s new album Magna Carta Holy Grail (New)
Drops July 4th.
As anyone who knows me can tell you I LOVE BEYONCE. I’m too deep in debt to afford the 300+ tickets for the show, so i would really appreciate for you all to vote for me to go see her. :)
Vote and Reblog!
M.I.A. (via pluristhereward)
A message from Prince Harry at the CHIME for Change concert. (x)
REASONS WHY I LOVE HIM TO DEATH.
Ok but this guy is a saint.
We hear about all the partying and stuff but in 2008, one of the soldiers in his battalion was being threatened by 6 other soldiers from another outfit for being openly gay. The soldier escaped and went back to duty when Harry saw him and demanded to know what happened and then was like “Right well I’m going to sort this out” and full on stomped over to the guys and threw a fit at them and solved the problem and those guys never bothered the soldier again and he did it all without violence.
FOUR FOR YOU P. HARRY YOU GO P. HARRY.
YOU GO HARRY
“I told him, ‘I think I’m going to be murdered by the infantry.’ I climbed into the turret and talked Harry through exactly what had happened. He had a complete look of bewilderment on his face,” Lance Corporal Wharton says in the Daily Mail. “I couldn’t stop the tears from welling up in my eyes. He said, ‘Right I’m going to sort this shit out once and for all.’”
According to Wharton, Harry then confronted the offending soldiers and warned severe discipline unless they stopped their threats. Lance Corporal Wharton’s harassment ended immediately after. (x)
GINGER PRINCE CHARMING
Digital Trends writer Molly McHugh • Offering a scathing, but spot-on, critique of the attention Edward Snowden’s girlfriend has received in the week since the news of Snowden’s identity became public. As McHugh points out, both Snowden himself and Mills, a dancer who has many photos of herself floating around the internet, have become more popular search terms on Google Trends than PRISM has. “And I get it: When something really complicated and important happens, a lot of people cling to the most personally identifiable thing that has to do with it,” McHugh writes. “This one happens to be a pretty girl who got broken up with (sort of) and gave us plenty of photo insight into her life.” But that we have a national security version of the “Manic Pixie Dream Girl” still doesn’t mean we should skip over the actual issue at hand here, McHugh explains. (via shortformblog)
Melissa Harris-Perry Sister Citizen; Shame, Stereotypes and Black Women in America (via brashblacknonbeliever)
shit like this is why social justice is necessary in medicine and health